Financial Assistance Program FAQs
What are the eligibility requirements for the Program?
- Applicant is diagnosed with colon cancer during the time the application is submitted within 6 months of application date.
- Applicant is seeking financial assistance for medical expenses related to gastrointestinal care for colon cancer.
- Applicant earns a gross income no greater than 350% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG).
- Applicant has an out-of-pocket health care cost that is equal to or more than 10% of their gross household income.
What does the Program cover?
The Program covers medical expenses relating to gastrointestinal treatment and professional medical services received in North Florida. If you are accepted into the Program, unpaid invoices would be submitted for payments directly to the provider.
Services that are not considered emergent or medically necessary such as: cosmetic surgery or services, retail medical supplies, and services related to third party liability, or workers’ compensation cases are not covered by the Program.
How can I get Program information?
Copies of the Program application forms, and instructions can be obtained on the Apply for Financial Assistance page.
For additional information please contact the Foundation at 904-383-1140.
What Should I Expect After I Apply?
Please allow 30 days for the review process. After your application is reviewed, we will provide an update and inform you of one of the following outcomes.
- Your application is on hold due to funding being suspended for lack of resources.
- Your application was approved for financial assistance.
- Your application has been denied and reason for rejection.
- Additional information or paperwork is required to determine eligibility; this may include proof of income or copies of invoices.